San Bernardino, CA, 92404
Joined on April, 2014
Any day in the morning
Up to 15 minutes away for a flat fee
EducationUniversity, Bachelor's Degree in English/ Arabic Translation
Experience• Teach grades 7, 8, 10, and 11. Assess students on classwork and exams; cooperate with faculty to create education improvements, project ideas, and student-centered extra-curricular activities.
• Have managed class sizes ranging from 8 – 22 pupils assuming all responsibilities of a teacher. Inclusive of assessments, drafting lesson plans, after-school tutoring, and communication with parents.
• Created a composition book for my beginner class which included: punctuation rules, paragraph formations, rules for writing essays, and exercises for each section, using resources such as Weaving it, North Star, and McGraw Hill.
• Prepared exams without referring back to any curricular course material. Composed stories for the vocabulary section exams, and came up with grammar questions on different forms.
• Supervised students' book reports and evaluated them. Encouraged them to start doing research paper on a variety of subjects (science, environment, literature, history, and scholars).
• Stressed on the necessity of paraphrasing, summarizing and other forms of writing to help students utilize the grammatical structures and the vocabulary they learn.
• Trained on-level students to take TOEFL and/or ILTS exams. Helped them prepare the verbal and the analytical writing sections of the SAT.
• Created several projects with the students(recycling, presentations of other countries, magazines, research paper, websites of historical figures and civilizations, and citizenship)
HobbiesPlaying the piano, sports and reading
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.